If you supplemented your survival food stockpile with real freeze-dried berries, your options for survival food recipes are limitless! Imagine having that just-picked flavor (and nutrition) during a crisis. It could bring you and your family a sense of normalcy in trying times.
If you haven’t fortified your stockpile with berries yet, links to our recommended favorites are provided below. Now, let’s get to this delicious survival food recipe…
A Survival Food Recipe
Super Blueberry, Blueberry Pancakes (Serves 2)
- 2 2/3 Cups of 4Patriots Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 2 Cups 4Patriots Freeze-Dried Blueberries, divided
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups + 2 tbsp Water, Divided
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
Step #1: Make the blueberry syrup with your freeze-dried blueberries.
1. Place 1 cup of Freeze-Dried Blueberries in a resealable baggie. Using a rolling pin, crush the blueberries into a powder.
2. In a small bowl, mix the 2 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch together and set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water, sugar and your powdered blueberries to a boil. Stir occasionally.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Whisk in your water and starch mixture and continue to cook until sauce thickens into a syrup, then set aside.
Step #2: Now that your blueberry syrup is made, let’s move on to the pancakes.
1. In a small bowl, rehydrate remaining 1 cup freeze-dried blueberries as per can instructions.
5. In a clean bowl, mix Buttermilk Pancake Mix and remaining 1 1/2 cups water together as per can directions.
6. Pour out your pancakes on the greased, heated griddle. Quickly sprinkle a small handful of blueberries over the wet batter. Using a spoon or butter knife, lightly press the blueberries into the batter.
7. Continue to cook your pancakes as per package directions, carefully flipping when bubbles form and the edges begin to look dry.
8. Serve pancakes with a pat of butter and your warm blueberry syrup. Enjoy!
For more survival food recipes, click here.
Looking to stock-up on survival berries that are delicious and good for up to 25 years? Check out 4Patriots Freeze-Dried Berry Super Pack.